Glasgow Whisky Tour , Scotland
Welcome to Glasgow in the west of Scotland. Close to the city can be found two long established distilleries, Auchentoshan and Glengoyne. In the city’s Hope Street can be found the Pot Still Bar which boasts about 500 single malts.
Tell me a little about a Glasgow Whisky Tour
Catswhiskerstours is Glasgow based with considerable experience of providing customized whisky tours for groups of all sizes covering the principal whisky regions of Scotland. Glasgow is located in the Lowlands whisky region but with easy access to distilleries in both Lowlands and Highlands regions.
Tell me more about about a Glasgow Whisky Tour.
We work with guests to design and deliver customised tours of local distilleries. Distilleries accessible from Glasgow within a day include:
- Auchentoshan, Glasgow. Famous for triple distilling the spirit.
- Glengoyne, spirit is distilled in the Highlands and matured in the Lowlands region.
- Glenturret in Central Scotland. A small and very old distillery dating back to the 18th century. Forms the heart of the Famous Grouse Visitor Centre.
- Tullibardine, a small and relatively new distillery located north of Stirling.
- Deanston, a small distillery near Stirling. Established 1960s.
- Strathearn, a new micro distillery in central Scotland.
Distilleries slightly further afield ( but accessible from Glasgow) include:
- Edradour, near Pitlochry. Scotland’s smallest distillery.
- Blair Atholl in Pitlochry. A small distillery forming part of the Diageo Group.
- Glenkinchie, near Edinburgh. A small distillery which also forms part of the Diageo Group.
How do I arrange a Glasgow Whisky Tour?
Contact Nigel of Catswhiskerstours providing information on dates, group size and distillery choices.
T: 44 (0) 141 638 5500.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Back to Scottish Tours