Custom Tour Central Scotland
Welcome to central Scotland where there is a wide range of activities, visitor attractions, castles and scenery all situated within a day’s drive of most of Scotland’s major cities.
Tell me a little about a Custom Tour of Central Scotland
Central Scotland essentially covers the counties of Perthshire, Kinross and Angus within which are popular towns and villages such as Stirling, Perth, Dunkeld and Pitlochry. All of these are useful bases for exploring the region and afford the visitor a wide range of interests and activities which include whisky distilleries, castles, battlefields, stunning scenery, watersports, gardens, Roman sites, fishing, golf and much more.
Tell me more about a Custom Tour of Central Scotland
Catswhiskerstours usually recommends Dunkeld or Pitlochry as a base to tour and explore the region. These two locations benefit from unique charm and character and offer a wide range of suitable lodgings. Here is a summary listing of potential visitor sites:
- Whisky Distilleries: Blair Atholl, Edradour, Dalwhinnie, Tullibardine and Aberfeldy.
- Watersports: River Tay at Grandtully.
- Scenery: Glen Quaich, Falls of Acharn, Falls of Dochart, Queen’s View, Falls of Braan and Killiecrankie.
- Bird Watching: Loch of the Lowes.
- Castles: Stirling, Castle Campbell, Castle Menzies, Blair Castle, Glamis Castle, Doune Castle.
- Gardens: Branklyn, Bolfracks, Cluny House, Drummond Castle, Scone Palace.
- Prehistory: Croft Moraig Stone Circle, Crannog Centre on Loch Tay, Carved Pictish Stones at Meigle.
- Battlefields: Sheriffmuir, Killiecrankie, Bannockburn, Stirling Bridge.
- ‘Braveheart’ : William Wallace monument near Stirling.
- Roman Era: Ardoch Roman Fort and Findo Gask Ridge.
- Fishing: Salmon and trout on the River Tay and other fisheries.
- Golf: Over forty courses in the area plus St. Andrews.
- Theatre: The renowned Pitlochry Festival Theatre.
How can Catswhiskerstours help with a Custom Tour of Central Scotland?
There are various options, viz:
- Arrange a private, customised tour of the area for groups of all sizes. We provide transport, guide and lodgings.
- Include the area in a wider, custom tour of Scotland.
- Include central Scotland in a self-drive (driving) tour with rental car, itinerary and lodgings.
- Incorporate some of the area’s distilleries in a Scotland Whisky Tour.
For more help and information contact Nigel:
E: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
T: 44 (0) 141 638 5500
We look forward to hearing from you!
Back to Scottish Tours