Backroads Tour Scotland
Welcome to Scotland, famous for its Highlands and islands with many opportunities for backroads touring.
Tell me a little about a Backroads Tour of Scotland.
Benefiting from extensive knowledge and experience acquired from designing and delivering a wide range of customised tours over many years, Catswhiskers is well positioned to provide ‘backroads’ tours tailored to the preferences of individual guests.
Tell me more about a Backroads Tour of Scotland with Catswhiskerstours
Whenever possible, tailored backroads tours will avoid the main tourist sites to connect with remoter areas and experiences in Scotland and elsewhere. Illustrations of potential themes and possibilities include:
- Remoter areas of Scotland’s Highlands and Islands.
- Gaelic culture and Harris Tweed weaving in the Outer Hebrides.
- Glen Quaich in central Scotland.
- Villages and historic sites.
- Lochs and lakes.
- Coastal scenery.
- Antonine Wall and other Roman-era sites.
- Canals from the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Sites associated with family history and clan history.
- Religious sites, such as Iona.
- Kilmartin Glen and other prehistoric sites dating back up to 5000 years.
- Iron-age sites, dating back about 2000 years.
- Castles, of which there are many hundreds in Scotland.
- Sites associated with the Industrial Revolution of 18th and 19th centuries in which Scotland took a lead role.
- Working steam railways.
- Wildlife, bird watching and nature.
- Lesser know whisky distilleries.
- Sites and monuments from the Pictish era.
- Scotland’s rich and varied geology.
- Art and architecture.
How can Catswhiskerstours help with a Backroads Tour of Scotland?
We work with guests to design a tour to match preferences, pace and budget.
For more information contact Nigel:-
T: 44 (0) 141 638 5500
We look forward to hearing from you!